At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Springfield. Whether it’s done through our individual business practices or creating energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits in every season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on specific climates. The three below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Call your Springfield Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass choices or our recommendations for the Springfield region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between our glass panes to provide increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room in the winter; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Springfield Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.