When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Springfield, don’t stress about it. As you start running through your to-do list, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Regardless of whether you are having five or 50 guests over for the holidays, these tips can help prepare you and your home to effortlessly look calm and collected.
- A storage-packed island will give you maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes it easy to clear away the after-dinner mess so you can relax with loved ones.
- The holidays are a great time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are virtually endless.
- As if winter months aren’t a good enough reason, use the holidays as motivation to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Springfield to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and cozy holiday.
- Add some life in the dead of winter. Through the brisk season in Springfield, you might struggle to find bright colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether the kids need a table or there simply aren’t enough seats, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Springfield every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. With all of the holiday madness going on, it is easy to be forgetful. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- Asthe one of the most untouched areas of most homes, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you love a festive, themed table or a simple setting, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you have endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Make use of your untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a a bench that can store pillow and throws for chilly nights. Make a perfect spot to reflect on your holidays and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after a successful celebration.
- Last, no matter how many projects you decide to tackle before the holidays, the most important part of the season is time with your loved ones. With the help of these tips, your home will be safe and comfortable. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Springfield than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more tips on making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, stop in to see our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Springfield showroom or call us at 217-793-0550.