Fall is coming quickly in Springfield, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the perfect time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the ambiance of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Springfield a call at 217-793-0550 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!