In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Remember these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your home. What is the purpose of your space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for many years.
- Forget your budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 217-793-0550, check out our Springfield showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.