The cold season is fast approaching in Springfield and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often get higher. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Springfield winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Springfield experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Consult with a professional to solve these issues before the winter hits Springfield.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Springfield a call at 217-793-0550 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.