Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the aesthetic that guests have when arriving at your Springfield home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are prepared to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and require a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery about a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can receive a major facelift.
Greet guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Springfield, give them a call at 217-793-0550 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.